The Mothra is the eighth type of butterfly that the player can befriend in the stampede. It can be found in the stampede when the player upgrades their butterfly habitat to level 9.
The Mothra has a dark orange-yellow gradient coloured body and wings coloured in a bright green to yellow gradient. Towards the outside edge of each of its four wings, there are thick, blocky rings in a similar colour to its body. Stretching from the back edge of each wing, which is coloured orange, there is a decorative spine, with five points and fading from orange to yellow from wing to tip. Its body features a larger, pointed, yellow behind, striped thinly with gold. The Mothra also has two tan coloured antennae, with horizontally-running, slightly diagonal spikes branching from the main stem, and six black legs.
A heroic Kaiju that saves Japan and eats your clothes.
- Space Zoo upgraded to Garden 6 or greater.
- Butterfly tamed.
- Butterfly habitat upgraded to level 9.
- Ride past 1600m in Garden.
Note: Its chance of appearing is extremely low due to it being a tier 5 animal. It will appear randomly but very rarely, and never before 1600m.
Baby Mothra Edit
- The Mothra, as its name suggests, is a reference to the Japanese kaiju (giant fictional monster of Japanese culture) Mothra. It popularly appeared many times in the Godzilla franchise.
- Mothra in filmography, books and literature are usually described as a large kaiju that has the wingspan of more than 100 meters, and the caterpillar size is over 200 meters long.
- Mothra is referenced in the description, which also references a moth's notable trait of eating clothes.
- The Mothra was released in version 1.16.0 on the 8th of May 2018 on Android and on the 10th of May 2018 on iOS, along with beetles, centipedes and all other butterflies.
- Like all beetles, centipedes and other butterflies, the Mothra was bugged on iOS and would not appear up until the release of version 1.16.1 on the 14th of May 2018.