Ankylosauruses are the sixth species of animal available in the Jurassic island and the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of ankylosaurus. Like all Space Zoo animals, more ankylosauruses are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the ankylosaurus habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Jurassic 4, with the exception of the Anglerosaurus, which can only be found from Jurassic 5 and above.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Ankylosaurus||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Wreck-o-saurus||Regular||Level 2||> 200m||1|
|Stingasaurus||Regular||Level 0||> 750m||3|
|Ankylawsaurus||Regular||Level 5||> 1300m||5|
|Tankylosaurus||Regular||Level 2||> 1300m||8|
|Anglerosaurus||Secret||Level 3||> 0m||5|
|Plantylosaurus||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||20|
|Dankylosaurus||Regular||Level 9||> 1800m||30|
- Wild: Ankylosauruses are slow but their legs move fast, as if trying to keep up with the stampede.
- When ridden: Ankylosauruses move a bit faster, and if upgraded, have a bubble that can last 1 smash.
- When angry: Ankylosauruses move their tail up and hit the player off variable distances in the direction they are facing.
- In habitat: Ankylosauruses will stand and walk around, occasionally shaking their bodies.
- Selected in habitat: Ankylosauruses lift their front legs off the ground and fall back down weightily.
Ankylosauruses are potentially useful in situations where there are a lot of animals or obstacles, as they can smash one animal or obstacle to get the player out of trouble if their habitat is upgraded to level 3. The player must be wary of its hit, which varies in distance due to a bug or a coding error, resulting in some hits being very short and not giving coins.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 3x more ankylosauruses in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare ankylosauruses to the stampede (Wreck-o-saurus, Tankylosaurus)
- Level 3 - Ankylosauruses can withstand a single collision (allows player to get Anglerosaurus)
- Level 4 - Ride for an extra 2s before an ankylosaurus gets angry
- Level 5 - Add two new rare ankylosauruses to the stampede (Ankylawsaurus, Plantylosaurus)
- Level 6 - Get bonus coins when thrown off ankylosauruses
- Level 7 - Energy drains 10% slower in the Jurassic
- Level 8 - 2x more rare ankylosauruses in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Ankylosaurus to the stampede (Dankylosaurus)
- Ankylosauruses were released in version 1.8.0 on the 18th of May 2017 along with Jurassic, the Space Zoo and the other species making up the first seven released in Jurassic.
- Ankylosauruses are bugged in that their angry behaviour of smacking the player forward with their tail does not work as it is supposed to. The smack is supposed to launch the player around 110m forwards, however, most of the time, the hit loses all momentum immediately and the player is only launched about 29m.