Ants are the first species of animal available in the Garden zone, and the eighteenth in the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of ant. Like all Space Zoo animals, more ants are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the ant habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Garden 1, with the exception of the Cant, which can only be found from Garden 2 onwards.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Ant||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Velvet Ant||Regular||Level 2||> 400m||1|
|Turtle Ant||Regular||Level 0||> 800m||3|
|Honey Ant||Regular||Level 5||> 1200m||5|
|Termite||Regular||Level 2||> 1200m||8|
|Cant||Secret||Level 4||> 0m||5|
|Fire Ant||Regular||Level 5||> 1600m||20|
|Queen Ant||Regular||Level 9||> 1600m||30|
- Wild: Ants walk around slowly in the stampede in large clusters, being less common from 2000m onwards.
- When ridden: Ants will move steadily, jolting back slightly when the player voluntarily jumps off. At level 4, when the player walks into another ant while riding an ant, the wild ant is bumped out of the way without the player crashing.
- When angry: Ants will throw the player off, jolting back slightly before doing so.
- In habitat: Ants scuttle around, waving their antennae and moving their jaws, while occasionally frantically looking from side to side, rapidly moving their antennae when doing so.
- Selected in habitat: Ants pulse from side to side.
Ants are a decent safety animal, being slow and mobile, however, it is easy to be eaten by spiders due to ants jolting back before throwing the player off, even when not angry. For this reason, to succeed with ants, the player has to jump immediately when they run into a web, or they will almost certainly be eaten. Ants offer favourable attributes like moving towards the player's lasso when the player is in midair (level 6) and being able to bump past other ants without dying (level 4).
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - Ride for an extra 2s before an ant gets angry
- Level 2 - Add two new rare ants to the stampede (Velvet Ant, Termite)
- Level 3 - Jump further from ants
- Level 4 - Bump other ants out of the way when riding ants (allows player to get Cant)
- Level 5 - Add two new rare ants to the stampede (Honey Ant, Fire Ant)
- Level 6 - While you are in the air, ants move towards your lasso
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins for bumping into other ants when riding ants
- Level 8 - 2x more rare ants in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Ant to the stampede (Queen Ant)
- Ants were released in version 1.15.0 on the 22nd of March 2018 along with Garden and other original Garden species.