Beetles are the sixth species of animal available in the Garden, and the twenty-third in the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of beetle. Like all Space Zoo animals, more beetles are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the beetle habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Garden 4.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Beetle||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Ladybug||Regular||Level 2||> 400m||1|
|Rhino Beetle||Regular||Level 0||> 800m||3|
|Stag Beetle||Regular||Level 5||> 1200m||5|
|The Lovebug||Regular||Level 2||> 1200m||8|
|Samurai Bug||Secret||Level 0||> 0m||12|
|Durian Beetle||Regular||Level 5||> 1600m||20|
|Scarab Beetle||Regular||Level 9||> 1600m||30|
- Wild: Beetles are found mostly alone in the stampede.
- When ridden: Beetles can smash animals, trees and later, rocks (level 6), moving at a fast pace, similarly to elephants.
- When angry: Beetles stop and jerk forward in a split second, bucking the player very far forward.
- In habitat: Beetles stand around, occasionally checking from side to side, moving its legs and body while doing so.
- Selected in habitat: Beetles subtly bounce from side to side.
Beetles are one of the most useful animals in Garden, for their ability to smash anything except other beetles when their habitat is upgraded to level 6, one level higher than is required for brontosauruses to be able to do the same. They can also throw the player very far when angry. However, beetles occasionally crash into pillbugs, due to a bug, and spiders are still a threat, though beetles are usually able to outpace them. Beetles are most useful at higher distances, where there are many obstacles to found.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 2x more beetles in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare beetles to the stampede (Ladybug, The Lovebug)
- Level 3 - Ride for an extra 2s before a beetle gets angry
- Level 4 - Energy drains 10% slower in the Garden
- Level 5 - Add two new rare beetles to the stampede (Stag Beetle, Durian Beetle)
- Level 6 - Allows beetles to smash through rocks
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins by smashing through obstacles on beetles
- Level 8 - 2x more rare beetles in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Beetle to the stampede (Scarab Beetle)
- Beetles were released in version 1.16.0 on the 8th of May 2018 on Android and the 10th of May 2018 on iOS along with centipedes and butterflies.
- On iOS, beetles were bugged, not appearing in the stampede up until version 1.16.1 on the 14th of May 2018.