Brontosauruses are the fifth species of animal available in the Jurassic island. There are 8 different types of brontosaurus. Like all Space Zoo animals, more brontosauruses are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the brontosaurus habitat. All brontosauruses can be unlocked when the player upgrades their Space Zoo to Jurassic 3.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Brontosaurus||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Loch Ness Monster||Regular||Level 2||> 500m||1|
|Diplojokus||Regular||Level 0||> 1150m||3|
|Hipstersaurus||Regular||Level 5||> 1600m||5|
|Hotdogosaurus||Regular||Level 2||> 1600m||8|
|Deeplodocus||Secret||Level 0||> 1000m||5|
|Pegasaurus||Regular||Level 5||> 2200m||20|
|Hydrasaurus||Regular||Level 9||> 2200m||30|
- Wild: Brontosauruses lumber slowly alone or in loose packs, being invincible to being smashed by other animals other than brontosauruses. Any animal that has the ability to eat any animal can eat a brontosaurus, and certain big animals, such as elephants, and a wombat's smash are able to push brontosaurus out of the way without smashing them.
- When ridden: Brontosauruses move faster, destroying everything once the player has upgraded their habitat to level 7 allowing them to smash rocks.
- When angry: Like giraffes, brontosauruses sling their neck back, then toss the player over 100m in the direction they are facing.
Brontosauruses early on are difficult to tame, mostly because they are absolutely enormous and do not begin with the ability to smash rocks, making it very easy to crash into a small rock and fail taming a new brontosaurus. When upgraded, though, they are invincible to anything except tyrannosaurus rexes, other brontosauruses and volcanic rocks. However, because they sling their neck, when angry or the player just wants to jump off, a tyrannosaurus rex might slip in and eat the brontosaurus and the player. Upgraded brontosauruses have no protection from that.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 2x more brontosauruses in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare brontosauruses to the stampede (Loch Ness Monster, Hotdogosaurus)
- Level 3 - Jumping from a brontosaurus temporarily increases lasso size by 25%
- Level 4 - Get bonus coins by smashing obstacles on brontosauruses
- Level 5 - Add two new rare brontosauruses to the stampede (Hipstersaurus, Pegasaurus)
- Level 6 - Energy drains 10% slower in the Jurassic
- Level 7 - Allows brontosauruses to smash through rocks
- Level 8 - 2x more rare brontosauruses in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Brontosauruses to the stampede (Hydrasaurus)
- Brontosauruses were released in version 1.8.0 on the 18th of May 2017 along with Jurassic, the Space Zoo and the other species making up the first seven released in Jurassic.
- Brontosauruses cannot be smashed by any animal, but can be eaten by animals that can eat everything.