Centipedes are the seventh species of animal available in the Garden, and the twenty-fourth in the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of centipede. Like all Space Zoo animals, more centipedes are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the centipede habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Garden 5.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Centipede||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Stampede||Regular||Level 2||> 400m||1|
|Cowboy Centipede||Regular||Level 0||> 800m||3|
|Podiatrist||Regular||Level 5||> 1200m||5|
|Gillapede||Regular||Level 2||> 1200m||8|
|Cementipede||Boss||Level 4||> 1600m||12|
|Centipie||Regular||Level 5||> 1600m||20|
|Steampede||Regular||Level 9||> 1600m||30|
Note: All boss animals can only be found in the stampede and give XP after the player has initially befriended it.
- Wild: Centipedes scuttle along alone in the stampede, body waving around in an 'S' shape.
- When ridden: Centipedes can eat animals, moving at a slightly faster rate than when wild. They move with good agility, and do not lurch toward the animal when eating them.
- When angry: Centipedes slow down, stop and bump the player up into the air, catching the player in their mouth and eating them.
- In habitat: Centipedes may raise their head to look around, pivot their body or scuttle around.
- Selected in habitat: Centipedes rear their heads and hind segments up, vigorously shaking its rear while waving its head from side to side.
Centipedes are a decent animal. They can eat anything at level 6, unlike tigers, and don't lunge, which means the player is less likely to crash by accident. However, like most eating animals, they still eat the player when angry, so it's best to be careful. Centipedes, when upgraded to level 4, can be ridden for almost 1000m, giving the player a good distance with a relative amount of safety due to their fast speed.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 2x more centipedes in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare centipedes to the stampede (Stampede, Gillapede)
- Level 3 - Get bonus coins for eating other animals on centipedes
- Level 4 - Ride for an extra 2s before a centipede gets angry
- Level 5 - Add two new rare centipedes to the stampede (Podiatrist, Centipie)
- Level 6 - Allows centipedes to eat anything
- Level 7 - Energy drains 10% slower in the Garden
- Level 8 - 2x more rare centipedes in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Centipede to the stampede (Steampede)
- Centipedes were released in version 1.16.0 on the 8th of May 2018 on Android and the 10th of May 2018 on iOS along with beetles and butterflies.
- On iOS, centipedes were bugged, not appearing in the stampede up until version 1.16.1.
- Centipedes are bugged, not doing eating sound like other eating animals