Cranes are the fifth species of animal available in the Great Wall zone and the thirtieth animal species in the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of crane. Like all Space Zoo animals, more cranes are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the crane habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Great Wall 3.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Crane||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Flame-mingo||Regular||Level 2||> 400m||1|
|The White Crane||Regular||Level 0||> 800m||3|
|Flapping Fiesta||Regular||Level 5||> 1400m||5|
|Pelicrane||Regular||Level 2||> 1400m||8|
|Impeckable Gentlebird||Secret||Level 0||> 0m||5|
|Construction Crane||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||20|
|Vacation Crane||Regular||Level 9||> 1800m||30|
- Wild: Cranes appear flying over the stampede.
- When ridden: Cranes fly in the air, being able to avoid all ground level obstacles but not arches against the walls, central rocks or flagpoles along the wall edges.
- When angry: Cranes swoop down, with their swoop pattern consisting of an equal time in the air and swooping along the ground. They are harder to steer, with a delay being present when the player attempts to turn.
Cranes, like all other flying animals, have the ability to fly over the stampede unaffected for a period of time. Cranes in particular can be ridden for quite a long time in the air. However, in Great Wall, there are several obstacles, including central buildings, stairs to watch towers and flagpoles, that the player must watch out for as flying animals can still crash into those when flying. Additionally, when diving, the player has less control over the crane's steering, which makes cranes difficult to use.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 2x more cranes in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare cranes to the stampede (Flame-mingo, Pelicrane)
- Level 3 - Jumping from a crane temporarily increases lasso size by 25%
- Level 4 - Ride for an extra 2s before a crane gets angry
- Level 5 - Add two new rare cranes to the stampede (Flapping Fiesta, Construction Crane)
- Level 6 - Get bonus coins for swooping on cranes
- Level 7 - More control when cranes are diving
- Level 8 - 2x more rare cranes the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Crane to the stampede (Vacation Crane)
- Cranes were released on the 28th of January 2019 in version 1.22.0 along with Great Wall and the remaining original Great Wall species.