Dimetrodons are the ninth species of animal available in the Jurassic zone and the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of dimetrodon. Like all Space Zoo animals, more dimetrodons are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the dimetrodon habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Jurassic 7, and can only be found from 1000m onwards.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Dimetrodon||Base||Level 0||> 1000m||0|
|Sea-metrodon||Regular||Level 2||> 1150m||1|
|Dimetrobat||Regular||Level 0||> 1300m||3|
|Dime-metrodon||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||5|
|Dimetroccordion||Regular||Level 2||> 1800m||8|
|Pizzadon||Secret||Level 0||> 1000m||12|
|Dimetropunk||Regular||Level 5||> 2200m||20|
|Candle-labradon||Regular||Level 9||> 2200m||30|
- Wild: Dimetrodons scamper along the stampede, with their sail determining whether the player can ride on them or not. If the dimetrodon's sail is raised, the dimetrodon will scamper very rapidly and the player will be unable to lasso it. If it is retracted, the dimetrodon will scamper at a slower pace and can be lassoed.
- When ridden: Dimetrodons move with great agility at a regular pace.
- When angry: Dimetrodons flick the player forward with their tail about 40m.
Taming dimetrodons is tricky to begin with, with the player required to be alert and time their jump onto the dimetrodon appropriately. This is made easier when the player upgrades their habitat to level 6, where dimetrodons keep their sail retracted for 2s longer. Dimetrodons are fairly average animals to ride, neither providing long distance carrying nor pace and destructiveness. They become more useful when the player upgrades the dimetrodon habitat to level 7, where the player can conserve their lasso size when they ride dimetrodons. When the player tames dimetrodons before their dimetrodon habitat is upgraded to level 4, they may require a baby animal that makes animals get angry by at least 15% to prevent them from throwing the player off before they are tamed.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 3x more dimetrodons in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare dimetrodons to the stampede (Sea-metrodon, Dimetroccordion)
- Level 3 - Get bonus coins for landing on dimetrodons
- Level 4 - Ride for an extra 2s before a dimetrodon gets angry
- Level 5 - Add two new rare dimetrodons to the stampede (Dime-metrodon, Dimetropunk)
- Level 6 - Dimetrodons keep their sail retracted for 2s longer
- Level 7 - Landing on a dimetrodon doesn’t reduce your lasso size
- Level 8 - 2x more rare dimetrodons the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Dimetrodon to the stampede (Candle-labradon)
- Dimetrodons were released later than all other Jurassic species, released in version 1.19.0 on the 16th of August 2018.