Emus are the twenty-sixth animal species available to the player. There are are 8 different types of emu. They can be unlocked by upgrading the ship to Outback 3.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Emu||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Aviator Emu||Regular||Level 0||> 500m||1|
|Emo||Regular||Level 0||> 1000m||4|
|Emusician||Regular||Level 0||> 1600m||12|
|Dame Emu||Regular||Level 0||> 2200m||25|
|Fiery Phoemu||Boss||Level 0||> 2200m||25|
|Tropical Emu||Level 9||Level 9||> 1600m||12|
|Cock-a-doodle-emu||Endangered||Level 0||> 1600m||25|
Note: All boss animals can only be found in the stampede and give XP after the player has initially befriended it.
- Wild: Emus move at a medium pace in a forward direction.
- When ridden: Emus run at a fast-medium pace.
- When angry: Emus run faster and faster, similarly to ostriches. If the habitat has been upgraded to level 5, the player will be thrown off if they hit an obstacle.
Emus, like ostriches, are very useful for travelling long distances very quickly with their excellent speed and agility, combined with their ability to throw the player off if an obstacle is hit (level 5) when angry. Their ability to resist the burning of fire for longer is also useful too, meaning that if the player misses a water pool, they can still make it to the next easily without dying. However, when taming, it is more difficult, as it is likely that the player will crash due to the pace of an emu.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 2x more emus in the stampede
- Level 2 - Ride for an extra 2s before an emu gets angry
- Level 3 - Burn slower while riding emus
- Level 4 - Gain 50% more ticket money from emus
- Level 5 - At high speeds emus will throw you clear if you crash
- Level 6 - Jump further from emus
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins while traveling at top speed on emus
- Level 8 - 2x more rare emus in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Emu the stampede (Tropical Emu)
- Emus were released in version 1.3.0 on the 13th of October 2016 along with Outback and all other Outback species.
- The fact that emus burn slower than other animals is a possible reference to the real life emu's heat resistance granted by their feathers.
|Sheep||Kangaroos||Drop Bears||Wombats||Emus||Camels||Flying Foxes|