The gorilla is the ninth species of animal in the game, and possibly the first that the player finds and obtains in Jungle. There are 8 different types of gorilla. Gorillas can be unlocked in Jungle 1.
|Animal||Class||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Western Gorilla||Base||> 0m||0|
|Mountain Gorilla||Regular||> 200m||1|
|Quarterback Gorilla||Regular||> 750m||3|
|Thorilla||Level 9||> 1300m||10|
* Note: All boss animals can only be found in the stampede and give XP after the player has initially befriended it.
- Wild: Gorillas move in a quadrupedal way.
- When ridden: When on land, gorillas move in a quadrupedal way, using their knuckles as their second pair of legs, and at a medium pace. When the player hits an obstacle while riding a gorilla, they will vault over the obstacle in the direction which the player was facing when they hit the obstacle. As the gorilla lands, it slams the ground, smashing anything in an upgradable radius.
- When angry: Gorillas pick the player up in their left fist and throw them about 45m in the direction in which they are facing.
Gorillas are extremely useful in that they are able to carry the player a medium distance without much risk. Their ability to climb and jump off obstacles and smash animals and obstacles (once the habitat has been upgraded to level 2) make them safe to use as the player does not have to worry about running into obstacles. Gorillas are also invincible when in mid-air, and if the player jumps off a gorilla when in mid-air, the lasso size is much greater in size, meaning it is significantly easier to lasso another animal to ride on. There is one catch to gorillas in that when they get angry, they pick the player up in their left fist and throw them off, so it is important to be prepared when a gorilla gets angry.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 3x more gorillas in the stampede
- Level 2 - Gorilla slams smash obstacles
- Level 3 - Bigger slams
- Level 4 - Gain 50% more ticket money from gorillas
- Level 5 - Ride for an extra 2s before a gorilla gets angry
- Level 6 - Bigger lasso from mid air jumps
- Level 7 - Gorilla slams earn coins
- Level 8 - 2x more rare gorillas in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Gorilla to the stampede (Thorilla)
- Gorillas were released in the original release, version 1.0.0, on the 22nd of June 2016, along with Savannah and all original Savannah animals, Jungle and all other original Jungle animals, and the Sky Zoo.
- The level 3 habitat upgrade contained a mistake in which "Slams" was incorrectly capitalised.
- This was corrected in version 1.21.1 on the 11th of January 2019.