Minotaurs are the third species of animal available in the Olympus island, and the twelfth in the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of minotaur. Like all Space Zoo animals, more minotaurs are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the minotaur habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Olympus 1.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Minotaur||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Satyr||Regular||Level 2||> 200m||1|
|Cyclops||Regular||Level 0||> 750m||3|
|Minotaur Matador||Regular||Level 5||> 1300m||5|
|Minotorious Cowboy||Regular||Level 2||> 1300m||8|
|Mine-o-taur||Secret||Level 0||> 0m||5|
|Spartan Bullwark||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||20|
|Anubis||Regular||Level 9||> 1800m||30|
- Wild: Minotaurs slowly jog in the stampede, with their arms swinging next beside it.
- When ridden: Minotaurs start to get faster and are able to knock over trees and other animals smaller than minotaurs. If the player's minotaur habitat is upgraded to level 4, minotaurs will speed up as they smash obstacles, including shrubs, and animals.
- When angry: Minotaurs hold the player in their hands, and overhead throw the player around 90m forwards.
- In habitat: Minotaurs stand and walk around, occasionally flexing their left bicep by straining their arm in the air.
- Selected in habitat: Minotaurs straighten their posture and flex both biceps, shaking as they strain.
Minotaurs are very useful, even before they speed up as things are smashed. They are able to smash trees and most Olympus animals, giving the player some safety for a reasonable amount of time, and throw the player very far. They can be used to gain a guaranteed 500m consistently, whether it be early on or at high distances, where the speed of the animal is faster.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 3x more minotaurs in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare minotaurs to the stampede (Satyr, Minotorious Cowboy)
- Level 3 - Get bonus coins by smashing obstacles on minotaurs
- Level 4 - Smashing things will increase the speed of a minotaur
- Level 5 - Add two new rare minotaurs to the stampede (Minotaur Matador, Spartan Bullwark)
- Level 6 - Jump further from minotaurs
- Level 7 - Energy drains 10% slower in the Olympus
- Level 8 - 2x more rare minotaurs the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Minotaur to the stampede (Anubis)
- Minotaurs were released on the 18th of August 2017 in version 1.10.0 along with Olympus and the remaining original Olympus species.