Pandas are the twenty-ninth animal species in the Space Zoo, and the second in Great Wall. There are 8 different types of panda. Like all Space Zoo animals, more pandas are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the panda habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Great Wall 2.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Panda||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Red Panda||Regular||Level 2||> 400m||1|
|Martial Arts Panda||Regular||Level 0||> 800m||3|
|Bamboozled Panda||Regular||Level 5||> 1100m||5|
|Frying Pan-da||Regular||Level 2||> 1100m||8|
|Pandering Princess||Secret||Level 0||> 1000m||5|
|Beijing Opera Panda||Regular||Level 5||> 1600m||20|
|Space Panda||Regular||Level 9||> 1600m||30|
- Wild: Pandas start off curled up and stationary.
- When ridden: Pandas start slow and can bump small animals (level 1), which allows the player to ride pandas for longer. As they get closer to becoming angry, they speed up.
- When angry: Pandas slow down, buck the player up and sit on the player, similarly to hippos.
- In habitat: Pandas mostly remain curled up, sleeping. They will occasionally look up while still curled up, and let out a small yawn.
- Selected in habitat: Pandas stand up and lunge, roaring from right to left.
Pandas are able to bump other small animals to make it happier (level 1). This allows the player to travel a decent distance on them before forcing the player to jump off. Pandas, especially after the level 4 upgrade, take a fairly long time to get angry, and they have good mobility, meaning they are an excellent choice to ride for a long distance. Additionally, the level 6 upgrade allows players to ride pandas without their lasso size shrinking.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - Pandas can bump into small animals to stay happy
- Level 2 - Add two new rare pandas to the stampede (Red Panda, Frying Pan-da)
- Level 3 - 2x more pandas in the stampede
- Level 4 - Ride for an extra 1.5s before a panda gets angry
- Level 5 - Add two new rare pandas to the stampede (Bamboozled Panda, Beijing Opera Panda)
- Level 6 - Landing on a panda doesen't reduce your lasso size
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins by bumping into other animals on pandas
- Level 8 - 2x more rare pandas in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Panda to the stampede (Space Panda)
- Pandas were released on the 28th of January 2019 in version 1.22.0 along with Great Wall and the remaining original Great Wall species.