Pangolins are the sixth species of animal available in the Great Wall zone and the thirty-first animal species in the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of pangolin. Like all Space Zoo animals, more pangolins are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the pangolin habitat. With the exception of the Pangoalin, which is unlocked at Great Wall 5, they can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Great Wall 4.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Pangolin||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Pineappolin||Regular||Level 2||> 400m||1|
|Pandurian||Regular||Level 0||> 800m||3|
|Pangrose||Regular||Level 5||> 1400m||5|
|Echidna||Regular||Level 2||> 1400m||8|
|Pangoalin||Secret||Level 0||> 0m||5|
|Bangolin||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||20|
|Crystal Ball||Regular||Level 9||> 1800m||30|
- Wild: Pangolins appear scattered before 1000m, and in greater numbers past 1000m in the stampede.
- When ridden: Pangolins continue scuttling along, this time at a faster pace.
- When angry: Pangolins jump up, wrap themselves into a ball and roll forwards, taking the shape of whichever object they are based on, identically to pillbugs. They accelerate faster and faster when angry and have poor steering, until upgraded at level 4.
Pangolins, being identical to pillbugs in their behaviour, are okay animals to use. They are serviceable with their abilities such as being able to smash things that the player crashes into when angry (level 6), which makes the player more inclined to use pangolins for longer. They can also act like a running animal, such as an ostrich when upgraded to level 4, being able to transport the player long distances quickly. They offer stability when not angry.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 3x more pangolins in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare pangaolins to the stampede (Pineappolin, Echidna)
- Level 3 - Get bonus coins while travelling at top speed on pangolins
- Level 4 - Turn faster when riding on rolling pangolins
- Level 5 - Add two new rare pangolins to the stampede (Pangrose, Bangolin)
- Level 6 - When rolling, pangolins will throw you clear if you crash into an animal
- Level 7 - Ride for an extra 2s before a pangolin gets angry
- Level 8 - 2x more rare pangolins in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Pangolin to the stampede (Crystal Ball)
- Pangolins were released in version 1.24.0 on the 23rd of October 2019 on iOS and the 25th of October on Android, along with roosters, kirins and VIP animals.