Parasaurolophuses are the first species of animal available in the Jurassic island and the Space Zoo, and likely to be the first that the player finds in the stampede. There are 8 different types of parasaurolophus. Like all Space Zoo animals, more parasaurolophuses are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the parasaurolophus habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Jurassic 1.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Parasaurolophus||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Barrelophus||Regular||Level 2||> 200m||1|
|Crowbarolophus||Regular||Level 0||> 750m||3|
|Parasol-o-lophus||Regular||Level 5||> 1300m||5|
|Mascaralophus||Regular||Level 2||> 1300m||8|
|Oarolophus||Boss||Level 0||> 1800m*||12|
|Explorerlophus||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||20|
|Sporeolophus||Regular||Level 9||> 1800m||30|
* Note: All boss animals can only be found in the stampede and give XP after the player has initially befriended it in a boss mission.
- Wild: Parasaurolpphus move relatively slowly.
- When ridden: Parasaurolphus speed up slightly from their wild pace.
- When angry: Parasaurolophus hop jerkily, much like a buffalo, in an attempt to throw the player off and make them crash.
Parasauroplophuses have no real major benefits apart from their money making ability (level 4). Apart from this, they are difficult to control when angry, have no benefit to the player's lasso size and cannot outrun volcanic rocks or tyrannosaurus rexes. They can be potentially useful when the player has travelled very far and has few options as they move at a relatively slow pace and are easy to control when not angry.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - Ride for an extra 2s before a parasaurolophus gets angry
- Level 2 - Add two new rare parasaurolophuses to the stampede (Barrelophus, Mascaralophus)
- Level 3 - Energy drains 10% slower in the Jurassic
- Level 4 - Get bonus coins while bucking on parasaurolophuses
- Level 5 - Add two new rare parasaurolophuses to the stampede (Parasol-o-lophus, Explorerlophus)
- Level 6 - Ride for an extra 1s before a parasaurolophus gets angry
- Level 7 - Energy drains 10% slower in the Jurassic
- Level 8 - 2x rare parasaurolophuses in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Parasaurolophus to the stampede (Sporeolophus)
- Parasaurolophuses were released in version 1.8.0 on the 18th of May 2017 along with Jurassic, the Space Zoo and the other species making up the first seven released in Jurassic.