Pegasuses are the first species of animal available in the Olympus zone and the tenth animal species in the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of pegasus. Like all Space Zoo animals, more pegasuses are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the pegasus habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Olympus 1.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Pegasus||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Peryton||Regular||Level 2||> 200m||1|
|Pegasus in Training||Regular||Level 0||> 750m||3|
|Picarus||Regular||Level 5||> 1300m||5|
|Peglegasus||Regular||Level 2||> 1300m||8|
|Pegazeus||Boss||Level 0||> 1800m*||12|
|Trojan Horse 2.0||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||20|
|Unicorn||Regular||Level 9||> 1800m||30|
* Note: All boss animals can only be found in the stampede and give XP after the player has initially befriended it in a boss mission.
- Wild: Pegasuses are found moving slowly in groups (0 to 2000m) or alone (2000m and above).
- When ridden: Pegasuses jump up and glide for a short while before running at a pace slightly faster than when wild.
- When angry: Pegasuses buck somewhat similarly to buffalo, bucking around with short, jerky hops trying to make the player crash.
Pegasuses are a very useful starting animal in the game. Their ability to fly briefly allows them to glide over most obstacle and other animals is highly useful as they are pretty much invulnerable in the air, the only danger being overhanging Greek buildings and the low flying phoenixes, which the player must avoid when in mid-air. Pegasuses also move at a slow pace, which is useful at high distances.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - Ride for an extra 2s before a pegasus gets angry
- Level 2 - Add two new rare pegasuses to the stampede (Peryton, Peglegasus)
- Level 3 - Energy drains 10% slower in the Olympus
- Level 4 - pegasuses glide for 2 seconds longer
- Level 5 - Add two new rare pegasuses to the stampede (Picarus, Trojan Horse 2.0)
- Level 6 - Get bonus coins while bucking on pegasuses
- Level 7 - While you are in the air, pegasuses move towards your lasso
- Level 8 - 2x more rare pegasuses the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Pegasus to the stampede (Unicorn)
- Pegasuses were released on the 18th of August 2017 in version 1.10.0 along with Olympus and the remaining original Olympus species.
- There is an error present in the level 4 pegasus habitat upgrade, in which the 'p' of "pegasuses" should be capitalised.