Pterodactyls are the seventh species of animal available in the Jurassic island. There are 9 different types of pterodactyl. Like all Space Zoo animals, more pterodactyls are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the pterodactyl habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Jurassic 5.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Pterodactyl||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Taurodactyl||Regular||Level 2||> 200m||1|
|Careodactyl||Regular||Level 0||> 750m||3|
|Pharaohdactyl||Regular||Level 5||> 1300m||5|
|Swearodactyl||Regular||Level 2||> 1300m||8|
|Hairodactyl||Boss||Level 5||> 1800m||12|
|Fairydactyl||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||20|
|Petrodactyl||Regular||Level 9||> 1800m||30|
|Tapejara||Event||Level 5||> 1800m||12|
Note: All boss animals can only be found in the stampede and give XP after the player has initially befriended it in a boss mission.
- Wild: Pterodactyls fly slowly over the stampede.
- When ridden: Pterodactyls fly faster and higher than wild ones.
- When angry: Pterodactyls swoop up and down like vultures, although with each swoop their maximum height becomes lower and lower until it swoops along the ground.
- In habitat: Pterodactyls stand in the habitat with wings folded. They will twitch their head and look around, as well and preen under their right wing every so often.
- Selected in habitat: Pterodactyls flap their wings in two periods.
Pterodactyls have several advantages in that their speed allows the player to outpace tyrannosaurus rexes and volcanic rocks, and their agility makes them good distance fliers despite the fact that they swoop along the ground when angry.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 2x more pterodactyls in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare pterodactyls to the stampede (Taurodactyl, Swearodactyl)
- Level 3 - Ride for an extra 1.5s before a pterodactyl gets angry
- Level 4 - Jump further from pterodactyls
- Level 5 - Add two new rare pterodactyls to the stampede (Pharaohdactyl, Fairydactyl)
- Level 6 - Get bonus coins for swooping on pterodactyls
- Level 7 - Pterodactyl swoops stay higher for longer
- Level 8 - 2x more rare pterodactyls the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Pterodactyl to the stampede (Petrodactyl)
- Pterodactyls were released in version 1.8.0 on the 18th of May 2017 along with Jurassic, the Space Zoo and the other species making up the first seven released in Jurassic.