Roosters are the seventh species of animal available in the Great Wall zone and the thirty-second in the Space Zoo. There are 9 different types of rooster. Like all Space Zoo animals, more roosters are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the rooster habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Great Wall 5.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Rooster||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Beaker||Regular||Level 2||> 400m||1|
|Booster||Regular||Level 0||> 800m||3|
|Alarm Cluck||Regular||Level 5||> 1400m||5|
|Eggsecutive||Regular||Level 2||> 1400m||8|
|A Pollo 11||Boss||Level 0||> 1800m||12|
|Apeckalypse Now||Regular||Level 5||> 1800m||20|
|Poultrygeist||Regular||Level 9||> 1800m||30|
|Little Yellow Chicken||Event||Level 0||> 1800m||12|
- Wild: Roosters usually travel alone, running forwards.
- When ridden: Roosters fly up into the air, before gliding back down to the ground and running at a brisk pace.
- When angry: Roosters accelerate rapidly, similarly to ostriches, while flapping their wings comically.
- In habitat: Roosters strut around the habitat, often pecking the ground multiple times consecutively.
- Selected in habitat: Roosters jump marginally off the ground and flap their wings, hovering for a very short moment. The Little Yellow Chicken, which does not have wings, acts as if it did have wings.
Roosters offer the advantage of being able to avoid arrows by flying over them temporarily (as long as they fly a little to the right of the patches of arrows), as well as running past them before they land when angry. Roosters can act as a running animal, capable of delivering the player long distances very quickly, however, they do not protect the player if they crash. The player must be wary of where they jump onto roosters, as jumping onto them near an underpass will result in the player crashing into it.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 3x more roosters in the stampede
- Level 2 - Add two new rare roosters to the stampede (Beaker, Eggsecutive)
- Level 3 - Ride for an extra 2s before a rooster gets angry
- Level 4 - Energy drains 10% slower in the Great Wall
- Level 5 - Add two new rare roosters to the stampede (Alarm Cluck, Apeckalypse Now)
- Level 6 - Roosters glide for 1.5 seconds longer
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins while travelling at top speed on roosters
- Level 8 - 2x more rare roosters in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Rooster to the stampede (Poultrygeist)
- Roosters were released in version 1.24.0 on the 23rd of October 2019 on iOS and the 25th of October on Android, along with pangolins, kirins and VIP animals.