Spiders are the third species of animal available in the Garden zone, and the twentieth in the Space Zoo. There are 8 different types of spider. Like all Space Zoo animals, more spiders are unlocked progressively as the player upgrades the spider habitat. They can be unlocked when the player upgrades their ship to Garden 1.
|Animal||Class||Level Unlocked||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Spider||Base||Level 0||> 0m||0|
|Redback Spider||Regular||Level 2||> 400m||1|
|Peacock Spider||Regular||Level 0||> 800m||3|
|8 Spotted Crab Spider||Regular||Level 5||> 1200m||5|
|Golden Orbweaver Spider||Regular||Level 2||> 1200m||8|
|Mirror Spider||Secret||Level 0||> 0m||5|
|Spiny Orb Weaver||Regular||Level 5||> 1600m||20|
|Web Developer||Regular||Level 9||> 1600m||30|
- Wild: When the player runs through a web on a ground level animal, spiders appear directly behind like tyrannosaurus rexes, running faster than the player and aggressively moving towards any evasive manoeuvres the player makes, eating or smashing the player. Only one spider can only appear at a time.
- When ridden: Spiders run fast, and can eat animals to stay happy. At level 4, Spiders can smash trees.
- When angry: Spiders slow down, buck the player up, eat the player and fall asleep.
- In habitat: Spiders walk and stand around in the habitat, while occasionally bobbing up slightly and pulsing their jaws.
- Selected in habitat: Spiders aggressively shake their abdomen and its jaws. They extend their front legs so they're straight in the shape of a V, and, like a clock, periodically 'tick' their arms in 4 different positions, each one being closer to the ground.
Spiders are good for a short burst, due to being able to smash trees (level 4) and eat all animals. They can be difficult to tame at first, especially when jumping from ants, however they do become easier to tame with practice. A preferred method to taming spiders is to use upgraded grasshoppers to run through webs and immediately jump forward, relying on the fast moving spider to run up from behind to lasso.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - When riding other animals, spiders chase less aggressively
- Level 2 - Add two new rare spiders to the stampede (Redback Spider, Golden Orbweaver Spider)
- Level 3 - Increase riding speed on spiders
- Level 4 - Allow spiders to smash through trees
- Level 5 - Add two new rare spiders to the stampede (8 Spotted Crab Spider, Spiny Orb Weaver)
- Level 6 - Get bonus coins for eating other animals on spiders
- Level 7 - Ride for an extra 1s before a spider gets angry
- Level 8 - 2x more rare spiders in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Spider to the stampede (Web Developer)
- Spiders were released in version 1.15.0 on the 22nd of March 2018 along with Garden and other original Garden species.
- All spiders in the game (excluding the Web Developer) are representations of real life spiders.