Tigers are the thirteenth animal species that the player unlocks in the Sky Zoo. There are 9 different types of tiger. All tigers can only be found from 1000m onwards, and can be unlocked from Jungle 4.
|Animal||Class||Distance Found||XP Given|
|Crouching Tiger||Regular||> 1500m||3|
|White Tiger||Regular||> 1800m||10|
|H.R. Tiger||Regular||> 2200m||25|
|Tiger Lily||Boss||> 2200m*||25|
|Pink Panthera||Level 9||> 1800m||10|
|Santa Claws||Event||> 1800m||3|
* Note: All boss animals can only be found in the stampede and give XP after the player has initially befriended it in a boss mission.
- Wild: Tigers move at a slow pace.
- When ridden: Tigers run at a faster pace than lions and eat small animals that it runs into. Tigers cannot eat hippos, rhinos or other tigers in Jungle.
- When angry: Tigers will buck the player straight up in the air and eat them, before promptly falling asleep.
Tigers are extremely similar to lions in behaviour, the only real difference being that they are slightly bigger, move quicker and cannot eat most big animals, hippos and other tigers. They have some use in Jungle but to ride tigers without crashing, quick thinking is required to go for the animals that can be eaten (alligators, boars, gorillas) and avoid those that can't (rhinos, hippos and other tigers). Tigers are most useful for their ability in which the player's lasso size isn't reduced when they land on tigers if their habitat is upgraded to level 5.
Habitat Upgrades Edit
- Level 1 - 3x more tigers in the stampede
- Level 2 - Eating boars keeps a tiger happy for longer
- Level 3 - Ride faster through water on tigers
- Level 4 - Gain 50% more ticket money from tigers
- Level 5 - Landing on a tiger doesn't reduce your lasso size
- Level 6 - Eating animals keeps tigers happy for longer
- Level 7 - Get bonus coins for eating other animals on tigers
- Level 8 - 2x more rare tigers in the stampede
- Level 9 - Add a new rare Tiger to the stampede (Pink Panthera)
- Tigers were released in the original release, version 1.0.0, on the 22nd of June 2016, along with Savannah and all original Savannah animals, Jungle and all other original Jungle animals, and the Sky Zoo.
- The level 5 upgrade "Increased riding speed on tigers" was replaced with "Landing on a tiger doesnt reduce your lasso size" on the 14th of December 2017 in 1.13.0, with tigers instead starting faster than previously.
- The new replacement level 5 upgrade was included due to the dissatisfaction of the Rodeo Stampede Reddit community.
- Interestingly, the new ability contained a punctuation error, with "doesnt" missing an apostrophe.
- This was corrected in version 1.15.0 on the 21st of March 2018.